I rewrote the script kk_controllers , by Karim Kashefy.
Use this script in rigging process for adding controllers to them.
Script can be
Use color slider to change color of controllers and any other things in your scene. (in maya 2011 and higher - terribly buggy )
Lock or hide translate, rotate, scale and visibility of controllers and any other things in your scene.
Get lock and hide info from existing object in your scene by pressing get from selected button then by apply to selected button you can apply these info to another one.
mirror controllers shapes from one side to another. (when there was a mirror, there was a frieze transforms)
Create a controller shape by simply pressing a button and if you have something selected in scene the controller's shape will snape to that.
Press slider maker button to bring back slider maker window then set the height and width value of slider’s border and set value of slider’s handle and finally press make slider button.
Select child shape and parent shape then press combine shape button to combine these two to one.
By using freeze transformations button you are able to freeze locked transformations of controllers and you don’t have to unlock them before freezing them.
Fixed and added
1. Fixed all errors of original scripts
2. Added new controllers (and all controls have uniform scale)
3. To give names to all controllers, and group them (control have suffix - _control, and group - _null)
4. Chek box "Group" - create one more group (group have suffix - _group)
5. Seach & Replace Names mirrored object & group.
6. Rename object by hierechy.
It is planned to add:
1. Interactive change the scale.
2. Work with attributes (add, delete, transfer, reorder)
3. expand the library of manipulators (waiting for suggestions from you.)
Special thanks to Valentin Dmitric (iNOD)
Instruction:1. put the wiz_icons folder to ...maya\20**\prefs\icons\
2. put the wiz_controllers.mel to ...maya\20**\scripts\
3. type following commands in command line (MEL mode):
It's my first script. I need your respond.